Online storage is a method through which you can store your data in the form of files and folders online. In this case, Dropbox is a method through which you can easily store your data online. You just need to sign up for the account and store. Online storage will help you by keeping your data safe for a long time. It will protect your privacy and provide you with cloud space to store. Here is some information about Dropbox. Dropbox is an application that allows you cloud storage. It is off-site storage that the third party maintains. It saves files and documents to a remote database, so you do not have to store them on your device. In this storage system, you do not have to possess the device physically. This is a cost-saving process in which you can have storage-saving space for a nominal fee, ultimately making it affordable. It is easy to store, access, and protect when the internet connects the content. Drew Houston, the founder of Dropbox, got the idea of Dropbox, was after forgetting his USB drive repeatedly when he was in MIT. In May 2007, Houston founded Evenflow, Inc. as the company which is behind Dropbox, and shortly after that, secured seed funding from Y combinator. In 2008, Dropbox officially, was launched at Techcrunch Disrupt, an annual technology conference. Dropbox’s official domain was “getdropbox.com” till October 2009, then it changed to its current domain, “dropbox.com”. This article will help you understand about dropbox, such as sign up dropbox account, dropbox sync issues, dropbox problems, dropbox contacts and more. If you are looking forward to telephonic support, that too is provided here via number available on this website. You will be assisted by an independent third party service provider.
Dropbox uses a freemium, which means free premium business; here, you are provided with a storage area where you can store your data in the form of data with paid subscriptions that is available and offers additional features. Dropbox Basic users are provided with two gigabytes for free. Dropbox offers an application for ios, android, and Microsoft windows as well in march, 2013. Dropbox bought a famous email application named “Mailbox”. Also, In April 2014, Dropbox introduced its users to Dropbox carousel, an application for photos and videos. In December 2015, both the Mailbox and Carousel shut down; therefore, the key feature of both apps were implanted in Dropbox. The time of October 2015, the company also announced the Dropbox paper.
How to sign up Dropbox account? >> Dropbox setup
The steps to sign up Dropbox account are given below:
- Make an accountby browsing dropbox.com.
- Type your email address, which will be your username
- Now, create your password and make sure it is not easy to hack or guess.
- Click on the agree button to all the Dropbox terms.
- Click on the “Create an account” option and your account is created.
If you have the Dropbox application, then you can sign up for the Dropbox by clicking on the sign up option.
How to install Dropbox application?
The easiest way to access your Dropbox files and folders is through the Dropbox application on your device. Get the Dropbox application on your ios or android device to get access to your storage. To install the Dropbox application on your device, please follow the steps:
- Go to the browser, search for Dropbox and download the Dropbox desktop application on your device
- Now, you are going for the installer
- After installing the application on your device, now follow the sign up dropbox account steps above
Follow the steps to install the Dropbox application on your phone: –
- Go to the play store and type dropbox to download the application
- Hit the download button
- Now, sign up to a Dropbox account through the above steps
Steps to add files to dropbox
After following the above steps to create the Dropbox account, you can add files and folders to your Dropbox account.
Given are the steps to add files from dropbox.com:
- Now, firstly you need to Sign in to dropbox.com on your device.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Click on the Files or Folder to add them to the dropbox.
Important Note: The file or folder you upload from your phone on dropbox.com should be smaller than 50GB.
Below are the steps to add files from your computer:
- Click on the file explorer on the device.
- Move to the Dropbox folder.
- Now, you must drag the files into the Dropbox folder on your device.
Now that you add files by copy-pasting or dragging and drop to your Dropbox folder, they will be uploaded to Dropbox. When you see that your files have green tick icons over the file icons, that means your files and folders are uploaded to Dropbox.
Here are the steps to add files from your phone, below are the steps:
- Click on the Dropbox application to open on your device.
- Tap on the “+” icon.
- Tap on the option upload file.
- After pressing on the option, your files or documents are uploaded.
How to reset Dropbox password?
Sometimes you forget the password to a Dropbox account. There are many methods to change the password. If you feel any trouble with your password reset, you can visit the official dropbox website or contact dropbox on their official mobile number.
To reset the password easily, you can follow the below steps:
- Press on the Dropbox icon on your system.
- Press on the globe icon.
- Now, You will be diverted directly to Dropbox.com.
- Enter your name, on the block you will see on the screen.
- Go to the settings option.
- Now, click on the Security tab visible on the screen.
- Press on the Change Password password.
- After clicking on the option “change password”, type the email ID through which you created your dropbox account.
- Check your Email inbox; Dropbox is going to send you an email related to the Dropbox password.
- Press on the link that you received on your email account to change the password.
How to solve the dropbox sync issues? >> Dropbox issues
If you are finding ways to find dropbox sync issues, this part of the article will help you.
To check the sync status of all files, you need to follow these steps :
- Press on the Dropbox icon in your taskbar or menu bar on your mac.
- At the bottom of the window, there’s a bar with text that says Your files are up to date, Syncing, Syncing files, or Syncing paused.
To check the syncing order of the files or folders, do follow the following steps:
- Click the Dropbox icon in your taskbar on windows or the menu bar on your mac device.
- Go to the Sync history tab on the top.
- The files are syncing, and they’ll portray in the order.
How to resolve Dropbox issues? >> Dropbox login problems
Dropbox is a storage application; sometimes, you might feel some issues. Below are written some issues that might trouble you.
Dropbox is not working
Dropbox can stop working due to the internet or the application not working. Try to check your internet connection, or you can also try to check the application, disable the antivirus, and then your dropbox will work.
Update your dropbox application through the play store. If you are not updated, then you are going to face issues with login, so update your dropbox application.
Reinstall the dropbox application. Sometimes, the application does not work due to technical issues, so you need to reinstall the application.
Check your password
Sometimes you forget the order of upper case and lower case used in your password to make it strong. Check the order and if your password is correct or not.
Dropbox contact official numbers
This part of the article informs you about the Dropbox support official contact numbers, which are correct to our knowledge. We are not responsible if the owners of the company change the official contact number of Dropbox. You can even contact our company, an independent third-party service provider, in case of urgency. You can also contact the official contact number of the Dropbox company. The executives will help you out with your problems.
|Dropbox help chat
|call dropbox support
|Dropbox support email
How to link Yahoo mail to Dropbox?
Here are the steps to link your Dropbox to Yahoo Mail:
- Firstly, Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on the Connected apps tab
- Go to Contact Services
- Click Connect to your Yahoo! Mail account.
Below are also given the steps to Unlink the Dropbox to Yahoo Mail:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on the Connected apps tab.
- Tap on the “Disconnect” button on the right side of your linked Yahoo! Mail account screen.
Steps to recover deleted files and folders
It happens that while uploading a file or a folder to Dropbox, with no fault with intention, the user deletes a file from the Dropbox account. In this case, if the files and the folders are deleted inadvertent, by following the steps, you can recover the data of your files and folders easily. If the problem remains the same, you can contact the above contact numbers. In case of any confusion, you can even contact us, an independent third-party service provider.
The below steps will help you recover your files and folders from your Dropbox account:
- Go to the Dropbox icon on your device
- Sign in or log in to dropbox.com on your browser. You can follow the steps above to sign in to your dropbox account
- Press the trash icon, which is on the top of the screen
- There, you can see the folders and files that are deleted. If you still cannot see, then you can contact the Dropbox contact
- Tap on the space button, for the files and folders that you want to restore
- Press on the “restore button” visible on the screen
- Now, you need to check if Dropbox has restored the file or folder
You might find the steps a little complicated, so you can contact us and our executives can help you out.
Dropbox support by Us
In this article, we tried to resolve every problem which is related to Dropbox storage. Be it Dropbox setup, how to install Dropbox application in iOS and android, How to add files in Dropbox, How to sign up for Dropbox, Dropbox sync issues, or How to link Yahoo mail to Dropbox . we have also informed you with dropbox contact support. This article has also provided you with the official contact number of our company, an independent third-party service provider. Although every problem is resolved above in the article, if you need help related to any Dropbox storage, you can contact our company, an independent third-party service provider. Our support team will always try to help you with reliable solutions. Our customer care team will give you solutions that will help you solve your problems.